How to Protect Your Instagram Account from Hackers At Shoutmelancer.com
Protect Instagram Account from Hackers
Hundreds of Instagram Accounts Hacked in August
Here are some things you can do to help keep your account safe:
Protect Your Instagram Account from Hackers
#1: Pick a Strong Password
The most obvious tip on our list also happens to be the most important.
One of the most common ways in which hackers enter accounts is to guess passwords or use old passwords that have been damaged by data violations, Therefore, the importance of a strong and complex password cannot be ignored.
Instagram recommends using a “combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks,” most security experts suggest a minimum password length of 8 characters.
You should also consider updating your Instagram password regularly — at least once or twice a year according to most experts. Protect Your Instagram Account from Hackers
#2: Turn on Two-Factor Authentication additional account security
When two-factor authentication turned on, whenever you log into Instagram from an unrecognized device, you’ll be prompted to enter an SMS security code, along with your username and password. This can help thwart any attempts by hackers to log into your account and change your contact information.
To turn two-factor authentication on, head to your Instagram profile and tap the settings button. Then scroll down and tap Two-Factor Authentication.
Tap the slider to the “on” position.
If your account doesn’t have a confirmed phone number, you’ll be asked to enter one. Once you’ve entered your phone number, tap the next button.
Now when you log into your Instagram account from an unknown device.you’ll be prompted to enter a security code that you receive by SMS.
In light of the hacks, Instagram recently announced a more robust two-factor authentication system that now lets .you use third-party authenticator apps to log into your Instagram account.
To use a third-party app to log into your Instagram account, go to your profile, tap the menu icon. select “Settings” at the bottom and then choose “Two-Factor Authentication.”
Next, select “Authentication App” as your preferred form of authentication.
If you already have an authentication app installed, Instagram will automatically find the app and send a login code to it.
If you don’t have an authentication app, head to the App Store or Google Play Store to download one first and then proceed with setting up two-factor authentication.Protect Your Instagram Account from Hackers
#3: Make Sure Your Email Account is Secure
our email is a bit like a gateway to your online accounts — if someone has access to it, they also have access to nearly everything else you’ve used your email for… So make sure it’s secure!
Most email providers have systems in place to block unwanted login attempts and offer security measures like email encryption and two-factor authentication. If you truly want to keep your Instagram account safe, you need to make sure your email account is equally as safe.
#4: Revoke Access to Suspicious Third-Party Apps
To manage your third-party apps, open your Instagram profile on your desktop computer, click the settings button, and then click on “Authorized Apps.”
Here you’ll find a list of apps that you’ve authorized to access your profile and account information. If you notice anything strange, you can easily click revoke third-party app access by clicking the Revoke Access button. Protect Your Instagram Account from Hackers
#5: Extra Security Tips
Here are a few more ways you can stay safe:
Please note down these tips on your mind:
- The first is to remember to log out of Instagram whenever you use a shared computer or phone. And if you log into Instagram from a public computer, make sure to not check them. Remember Me” box, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser.
- The second is to never give your password to someone you don’t know or trust. This one’s fairly obvious, but one of the most common ways that hackers gain access to people’s accounts is through “phishing.”
How phishing attacks work. Is hackers will send you an email that contains a link to a fake Instagram login page. When you log in with your email and password, they get your credentials.
To prevent this from happening to you, make sure you have two-factor authentication. Turned on and always vet the legitimacy of the emails you receive.
- The third tip is to be more wary of the accounts you follow on Instagram. And thanks to a new About This Account tool, you can do just that.
With About This Account, you can now see more information about accounts on Instagram that reach large audiences. That way, you can evaluate the authenticity of the account before following it.
There, you will see the date the account joined Instagram, the country where the account is located, accounts with shared followers, any username changes in the last year and any ads the account is currently running
With the number of Instagram accounts that were recently hacked reaching into the thousands. It’s super important that you take the right steps to secure your account and protect yourself against hackers.
- The Fouth Never give your password to someone you don’t know and trust.
- The Fifth Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Instagram asking you to do so. During automated security checks. Instagram sometimes recovers login information. That was stolen from other sites. If Instagram detects that your password may have been stolen. Changing your password on Instagram. Other sites help to keep your account secure and prevent you from being hacked in the future.
- Sixth Log out of Instagram when you use a computer or phone you share with other people. Remember Me” box when logging in from a public computer. As this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.
Never miss an Instagram feature again